Straight talk from Tucson, AZ dentist about ALF treatment
Start of Treatment:
Open Bite & Tongue Thrust
Changes in 7 months
(treament not complete)
ALF, or Alternative Lightwire Functionals, is an entirely unique approach to improving bite and smile appearance. Rather than bullying teeth into straighter position, ALF treatment
addresses maladjustment of cranial bones. Relieving cranial sutures - points where plates of the skull come together - brings the bite into alignment naturally. This integrative option for a comfortable, attractive, and functional smile is available from Dr. Jeanne Anne Krizman at Tucson Biological Dentistry in Tucson, AZ.
Fast facts about ALF
- Wire is primarily inside the arch, so barely visible in the smile.
- More comfortable than braces.
- Treatment visits are only needed at 4-6 week intervals.
- Treatment is typically completed for children in 1-2 years.
- Allows natural expansion of upper and/or lower arch, as needed.
- Repositions lower jaw in relation to upper arch.
- Results are stable - no retainer necessary.
- Correcting cranial strains may also improve hearing and vision problems, headaches and migraines, breathing issues, neck and back pain. TMJ disorders, bruxism (clenching and grinding), digestive problems, fatigue, and more.
Treating misalignment and malocclusion with ALF is part of Dr. Krizman’s commitment to integrative, biological dentistry. Call
520-326-0082 for a consultation at Tucson Biological Dentistry, to learn more..