Meet the Doctors
Tucson Biological Dentistry
She is a wonderful doctor. Takes her time, explains things and understands the emotional stress this kind of procedure can have on a parent.
Jeanne Anne Krizman DMD, MPH
Dr. Krizman learned the importance of listening and caring for people from her parents, both health care professionals.
Dr. Jeanne Anne Krizman DMD MPH
"From a young age, I knew I wanted a career in health care. I chose dentistry, because it’s one of the few fields in health care where the doctor can spend more than 5 minutes with his or her patients. I want my patients to feel that I care, and that they are not just a number in the health care system."
It was at The Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health where Dr. Krizman earned her DMD. She also performed a residency in Advanced General Dentistry. In dental school, she was honored to receive the "Excellence in Implant Dentistry" award. She also has a Master’s degree in Public Health with a concentration in Environmental and Occupational Health from The University of Arizona College of Public Health. Dr. Krizman believes that both her public health master’s degree and her education at a dental school that stresses whole-person health care, gives her a unique perspective in dental care.
"I care about my patient’s overall health, and believe that preventative medicine begins in the mouth. Patients need to be aware of the correlation between poor oral hygiene and some diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. I tell my patients, 'your mouth is the window to your overall health'."
Providing the best, most informative care to patients, is of critical importance. Therefore, Dr. Krizman completes over 100 hours of continuing education every year. In 2016, she received her Integrative Medical Degree for Denstristy (IMD) through the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry. She has a Master Certification in implant placement and advanced surgical procedures through Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. She has completed general and advanced ozone training with the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry, and the American Academy of Ozonotherapy.
It was the recruitment of the Women's Golf Team at The University of Arizona that prompted Dr. Krizman's move from South Bend, Indiana. She has been inducted into the Hall of Fame at the University and was also a member of the 1996 NCAA Women’s National Championship Golf Team. A scratch golfer, Dr. Krizman has also performed at the professional level as a triathlete, achieving top 15 finish in one of her three Ironman Hawaii World Championship runs. To this day, Dr. Krizman maintains her love of golfing, running, biking and swimming. Most of the time, she is either with patients or chasing her two sons.
"Like many people, I don’t like to go to the dentist, so I try to make it an enjoyable, non-stressful experience. I respect your schedule, and try to do the best job I can for my patients, as efficiently as I can. I take great pride in my work and patient satisfaction."
- Doctor of Dental Medicine; Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency, Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Master Clinician Program in Implant Dentistry; Loma Linda University School of Dentistry
- Master’s Degree in Public Health; University of Arizona College of Public Health Bachelor’s of Science in Microbiology; University of Arizona
- Completed the program for board certification by the American Board of Integrative Medicine & Dentistry and the American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board.
- Only dentist in Tucson, AZ who is a certified Integrative Biological Dentist and Integrative Medical Doctor
- IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology)
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Arizona Dental Association
- gIDE Dental Institute
- IABDM (International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine)
- DAMS (Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions)
- IATP (International Affiliation of Tongue tie Professionals)
Dr. Emily Yasmer, DMD